Dr. R.M. Alagappa Chettiar a man of rare wisdom and forethought, founded Alagappa Chettiar Educational Trust with the sole aim of developing the backward area of Karaikudi into a centre for higher education and provided necessary funds for the establishment of educational institutions.
In 1952 21st July, ACCET started functioning with three faculties-Civil, Mechanical and Electrical and Electronics Engineering. The Foundation tablet for the main building of the college was laid by Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the then President of India on 19th February 1953. Subsequently, in 1966, the institution was handed over to Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
For more information, please visit http://www.accet.net